From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: wrong ram?
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:14:21
1 On 03/05/2013 09:56 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > intel introduced an extension for spd information. The ram should work
4 > just fine. Intel motherboards might or might not make use of the
5 > additional information. so might or might not amd boards. And no, there
6 > won't be any risk. DDR3 is DDR3.
7
8 I just discovered some bad DDR2 RAM in an older machine (2GB x 2) and I
9 tested each stick separately using memtest86. The result confuses me:
10
11 Each 2GB stick fails at exactly the same point in the test (0-32MB), and
12 that seems improbable to me. I'm thinking the mobo might be broken instead
13 of the RAM. Any ideas?
14
15 Thanks. (I have only the one machine that uses DDR2, unfortunately.)