From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3.7.1 SATA errors
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:23:21
1 On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Bruce Hill
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:23:35AM -0800, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
4 > <snip, whack, d200d, cough, spit>
5 >
6 > Puhleeeze don't put such long stuff in an email. Have you heard of attachments?
7 > pastebins?
10 Felix,
11 Personally, after years reading LKML, I have no problem with
12 in-line text of _any_ length, especially on the initial post or when
13 you are asked to respond with detailed info. While I understand
14 Bruce's comment I don't think it represents a democratic picture of
15 what this list has been comfortable with over the years.
16
17 That said, what I do have a BIG problem with is people responding
18 and not taking the time to edit the response down to a few lines that
19 make it clear about what their point is. Many responses to 1000 line
20 emails are 1001 lines - the responder adds a one-liner. That's a real
21 waste.
22
23 It's a trade off. It's less likely that some of us will go read
24 pastebin stuff, and if we want to respond technically then that's
25 leaving us to copy/paste responses which I'm personally less likely to
26 do.
27
28 Anyway, you pays your money, you takes your chance... ;-)
29
30 Cheers,
31 Mark