From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Newest version of OpenOffice (2.0rc1) in portage?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:45:12
1 John Lange wrote:
2 > I'd like to test the newest version of OpenOffice which is 2.0rc1.
3 >
4 > I have 1.1.4 installed currently.
5 >
6 > When I do emerge --search openoffice it does not show a 2.0 version as
7 > being available. Is this because I need to "unmask" something or because
8 > nothing past 1.1.4 is available in the ports yet?
11 basically (yes unmask). You will have a week or so old beta in
12 openoffice-bin that you can install but I doubt that the rc will be in
13 there before mid to late next week (possibly it is actually the same
14 version that they have bumped up to RC).
15
16 > I'm a bit new to this portage system so I still seem to have problems
17 > figuring out how to keep everything up to date plus sometimes access the
18 > bleeding edge stuff.
21 /etc/portage/package.keywords is your friend
22 Cheers
23 Antoine
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list