From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A How-to to keep Python on top of its game?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 19:58:33
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Should have gone to the list, went to Dale directly
3 >
4 > On 19/10/20 11:20 pm, Dale wrote:
5 >> Andrew Lowe wrote:
6 >>> Hi all, I've just run emerge --pretend --depclean and it wants to
7 >>> remove Python 3.6 - all good. But in turn it is leaving 2.7, 3.7,
8 >>> 3.8, 3.9.
9 >
10 > [snip]
11 >
12 >> Given some more time, I think 3.6 may go away at some point in the
13 >> not so distant future.  There may even be a somewhat firm target date
14 >> for it.  I think either the date was on -dev or a link to it one.
15 >>
16 >> May have to give it more time yet.
17 >>
18 >> Dale
23 > Apologies for not replying sooner. I had a sneaking suspicion this
24 > would be the case. Well, I'll just have to put up with it until "the
25 > day" when the higher ups get things sorts.
26 >
27 >     Thanks,
28 >         Andrew
33 No problem.  My internet was down for several days.  I was unable to
34 notice the delay.  ;-)  ROFL
35
36 It seems my provider had a problem and in the meantime a field rat,
37 common in this area, decided to chew on my phone wire.  I wish someone
38 had tried to "ring" me up and electrocuted the thing.  :-D  I got it
39 fixed and my provider fixed their issue as well.  I'm surfing again.
40
41 I'm off to war with a field rat.  May be busy a while.  They stubborn
42 little things.
43
44 Dale
45