From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache-2.4.20 update doesn't like includes directive
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 18:11:12
1 On 05/21/2016 01:11 PM, Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > I added '-D UNIXD_H' to my /etc/conf.d/apache2 and the problem seems to be
4 > gone.
5
6 That part should be unnecessary. I think there's some magic where we
7 automatically uncomment the
8
9 LoadModule unixd_module modules/mod_unixd.so
10
11 line in your httpd.conf, even without a -D flag.
14 I had to also replace in the config all vhosts "Order deny,allow"
15 > directives with the new syntax.
16
17 You can keep compatibility with the old syntax (if you need to) with
18 APACHE2_MODULES="access_compat". If you're installing third-party web
19 apps, many of them will ship with apache-2.2 htaccess files containing
20 those "Order allow,deny" lines. Without the compatibility module (and if
21 you don't fix them yourself), you'll get 500 errors.