From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Garbage in /tmp or /var/tmp
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:15:17
1 > Due to disk space restrictions I've decided to make /tmp a symlink
2 > to /var/tmp instead of reserving space for both. Maybe it would have
3 > been wiser to make /tmp a symlink to a dedicated directory in /var/tmp
4 > but now it's too late.
5
6 I'd suggest not symlinking /tmp since it is part of the
7 system startup. If you want to reserve a single space
8 just mount it under both /tmp and /var/tmp. That avoids
9 issues with not having any tmp space at all (or symlink
10 /var/tmp -> /tmp if you want to use a symlink).
14 Steven Lembark 85-09 90th St.
15 Workhorse Computing Woodhaven, NY, 11421
16 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list