From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Mic on Skype
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:19:18
1 On 07/31/2010 06:00 PM, ivan.kazbanov@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:41:33 +0300
3 > Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 07/31/2010 03:11 PM, Ivan wrote:
6 >>> I have a problem with my microphone on Skype. In general the mic
7 >>> works. I can record using `arecord -c2> test.wav'. It also records
8 >>> if I type arecord without -c2 option but the sound is *very* low.
9 >>> And the same thing occurs when I try to make a Skype test call.
10 >>
11 >> Maybe you need to set your microphone to +24db in alsamixer and
12 >> select "mic" as input source instead of "line in."
16 > I don't have a choice what input source to use in alsamixer.
17 > And all controls in alsamixer are maximized and not muted.
18
19 Just mentioned it because that was the case for me. To see those
20 controls in alsamixer, you must press F4 first (just in case you're not
21 familiar with alsamixer).