From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sound with webcams
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:34:13
1 Hi all,
2
3 it's been a few minutes since I've seen a webcam thread here, so I
4 thought it's time to start one :)
5
6 I'm considering the logitech quickcam s5500 webcam - price is under $AU
7 50, it clips onto a laptop, and it has a mic. Apparently the image is
8 quite reasonable[1], and it works in linux with luvc.[2]
9
10 What I'm really interested in is the mic, cause my you-beaut laptop
11 didn't come with a mic for some unknown reason. I've heard [no pun
12 intended] that usb audio does it, but I've also heard there are issues.
13
14 Does anyone have experience with this webcam and audio? Or any luvc
15 webcam and usb audio?
16
17 [1] http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=4449
18 [2] http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/
19
20 thanks,
24 "I'm the master of low expectations."
25
26 George W. Bush
27 June 4, 2003
28 Aboard Air Force One