From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question about runlevels.
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 18:36:53
1 Hi,
2
3 Do services started in the "boot" runlevel continue to run in the
4 "default" runlevel?
5
6 Or do they get stopped as part of transitioning from the "boot" runlevel
7 to the "default" runlevel? (Or any other runlevel that doesn't include
8 the service.
9
10 I'm wondering about having two things that are very similar (as in use
11 the same ports), but distinctly different (different configurations)
12 with the following:
13
14 myService-boot | boot
15 myService-default | default
16
17 Will myService-boot start and run during boot, then stop when the system
18 goes into the default runlevel?
19
20 My expectation is that OpenRC will (try to) start myService-default when
21 the system enters the default runlevel. But it will fail if
22 myService-boot is still running.
27 Grant. . . .
28 unix || die