From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trying to install faad2-2.0-r7 on my amd64 system
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:41:05
1 Marianne Taylor schreef:
2 > I am getting the following error when I try to upgrade to faad2-2.0-r7.
3 > I need the patch for amd64 to use aac files.
4 >
5 > Here is the error message:
6 >
7 > Problem in media-libs/faad2-2.0-r7 dependencies.
8 > "Specific key requires an operator (media-libs/faad2-2.0-r7) (try adding
9 > an '=')" exceptions
10 >
11 > How can I get around this?
15 What is the command you're using to emerge the package?
16
17 The error you're getting suggests that you tried something like
18
19 emerge fadd2-2.0-r7
20
21 which is incorrect syntax (as the error says).
22
23 If you, for some reason, need to emerge a specific version of a package,
24 the correct syntax is
25
26 emerge =cate-gory/package.name-and.revision
27
28 In this case, it would be
29
30 emerge =media-libs/faad2-2.0-r7
31
32 but normally you shouldn't need to do this. Is the package masked for
33 your arch? or marked unstable for your arch, and you're running stable?
34
35 Unmask the unstable version in /etc/portage/package.keywords, or unmask
36 a masked version in /etc/portage/package.unmask (and possibly
37 /etc/portage/package.keywords as well, if it's both hard masked and soft
38 masked/unstable).
39
40 The only time one usually needs to specify a particular version is if
41 your arch has a later version that you for some reason can't use, and
42 really need the earlier version (i.e., unmasking unstable was to give
43 you 2.0.1, and you really had to have 2.0-r7, because that's the only
44 version that some other program you need faad for would accept).
45
46 HTH,
47 Holly
48 --