From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update circle
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 08:54:33
1 August 22, 2018 10:25 AM, "Zoltán Kócsi" <zoltan@××××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > I have a Gentoo machine, which has not been updated for a while. Quite
4 > a long while, actually.
5 >
6 > Now I needed to install a package, and I did so. It went up, no
7 > problem. Except that it relies on a newer version of openrc than
8 > what's on the system. From here it's all downhill:
9 >
10 > emerge openrc:
11 > - Fails, as the current portage is EAPI 5 (whatever that is), thus all
12 > EAPI 6 packages are masked. Must upgrade portage.
13 >
14 > emerge portage:
15 > - Fails, as it needs tar-1.30 and the installed tar is 1.27. Must update
16 > tar.
17 >
18 > emerge tar:
19 > - Fails, as tar-1.30 needs EAPI 6. Must upgrade portage.
20 >
21 > It seems that I'm kind of stuck. Wiping the disk and rebuilding the
22 > system from scratch is absolutely not an option, the existing (and
23 > running) system must be updated somehow.
24 >
25 > I would appreciate any advice, I'm in complete darkness about the
26 > internal workings of portage (would be happy to find some detailed docs
27 > about that, by the way, preferably in PDF).
28 >
29 > Thanks in advance,
30 >
31 > Zoltan
32
33 What does emerge -vuDN --verbose-conflicts --with-bdeps=y world say?
34 What’s your portage version?
35 What profile are you using? (eselect profile show)
36 What is your gcc version?
39 Regards,
40 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera