From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:26:36
1 Il giorno gio, 30/09/2010 alle 16.10 +0100, Neil Bothwick ha scritto:
2 >
3 > > 2.2 series also got the same feature, but I don't remember since
4 > which
5 > > rc… the latest masked version is definitely fine though.
6 >
7 > Does that mean I shouldn't have to run lafilefixer as it run
8 > automatically on new installs?
9
10 You should still run it once, to make sure that the system is clean, but
11 you can forget about it afterwards, and even unmerge it from the system.
12
13 The alternative, of course, is to emerge -e world — but I wouldn't
14 suggest that just to spend some time ;)
15
16 In either case, whether you add the function or leave it to Portage to
17 deal with, it should become transparent after the first time and nothing
18 else should be necessary for the continuous stability of the system.
21 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
22 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
23
24 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
25 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/