From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot compile sendmail in new gentoo installation
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 15:50:10
1 On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 09:12:42 -0500,
2 John Covici wrote:
3 >
4 > On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:47:53 -0500,
5 > Grant Taylor wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On 11/13/19 9:51 PM, John Covici wrote:
8 > > > Hi. I am trying to create a new installation as a chroot from
9 > > > my previous one since I don't have another box at hand and
10 > > > don't want to take this one down for several days to recompile
11 > > > everything. Now I am stuck trying to emerge sendmail. I
12 > > > cannot emerge 8.15.2 nor 8.14.9. The last time I emerged
13 > > > successfully was under gcc 8.3.0 and so I tried emerging that
14 > > > but sendmail will not compile. I have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86
15 > > > ~amd64" .
16 > >
17 > > I can't comment on the specific problem you're having. But I can
18 > > say that sendmail-8.15.2-r2 successfully (re)compiled (emerge
19 > > -DuNe @world) this past weekend on a current system without any
20 > > problems.
21 >
22 > OK, so I found an actual gentoo bug on this, apparently, if you go to
23 > glibc 2.30 you get the problem because /usr/include/resolv.h
24 > eliminates the definition of RES_USE_INET6 . They include a reference
25 > to a patch, but the patch seems not to work, but I am working on a new
26 > and hopefully better one.
27
28 My patch compiles successfully for anyone interested.
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici wb2una