From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] llvm clang ABI confusion
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:13:32
1 On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 21:52:16 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > in my /etc/portage/package.use/000.abi I have this
4 > entry:: */* -abi_x86_32
5
6 When package.use (and other package.*) is a directory, the files in it
7 are concatenated, in lexical order. So your entry appears right at the
8 start. This means it can be overridden by any of the other files.
9
10 > I still want to ensure I have no 32 bit packages on this system.
11
12 Why? What is special about 32 bit libraries? They are dependencies like
13 any other, if a package needs them why try to stop portage installing
14 them?
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Never get into fights with ugly people because they have nothing to lose.