From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pdftk - replacement
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 02:52:51
1 On 2018-03-14 20:08, Poncho <poncho@××××××.ch> wrote:
2 > On 14.03.2018 20:10, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> Is there a suitable replacement package for "pdftk".
4 >> Currently pdftk is masked and might be dropped from portage tree :-/
5 >>
6 >> The packages require GCC 5 or earlier and are therefore masked in the
7 >> 17.0 profiles.
8 >>
9 >> I use pdftk only to merge two pdf file (overlap tax form).
10 >> eg.
11 >> pdftk t4-flat-02b.pdf stamp 1.pdf output out1.pdf
14 > /usr/bin/pdfunite
15 >
16 > it's a provided by app-text/poppler
17
18 Besides, app-text/poppler contains some very useful functions.
19 pdfunite is one of them, which let you concatenate several PDF files
20 into one.
21
22 Another piece I found useful is pdfseparate. It can separate a PDF file
23 into pages.
24
25 The combination of pdfunite and pdfseparate let you replace a single
26 page in a PDF file.
27
28 Command `equery f poppler' shows:
29 /usr/bin/pdfdetach