From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux Kernel Warning
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:37:51
1 Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > As of this morning, the latest Kernel version in portage is 2.6.16-r12.
3 > It seems that there is a different versioning / naming scheme used but
4 > im not sure. Can someone please let me know how to respond, or point me
5 > to appropriate reading so I can protect myself.
6
7 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git-commits-head&m=115273802320119&w=2
8 is the actual commit, with a fair bit of detail about it. You could pull
9 the 1-line patch from there and apply it to your kernel. There's also
10 the workaround mentioned in the SANS message if you don't feel
11 comfortable with patching, as long as you don't need to use core dumps
12 as non-root.
13
14 For gentoo-sources, the most reliable way to figure out what's going on
15 is the ChangeLog.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie