From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Manually updating gentoo-sources
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 23:50:16
1 Howdy,
2
3 I found a old email from Neil, hope you see this, and I think I followed
4 it correctly but maybe I either missed something or things have changed
5 since those instructions were posted.  What I'm wanting to do, update
6 gentoo-sources manually and remove them manually as well but running
7 emerge -auDN world doesn't pull in newer versions and --depclean leaves
8 the older versions alone as well.  Following the email info, I ended up
9 with this:
12 root@fireball / # cat /etc/portage/sets.conf
13 [kernels]
14 class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
15 world-candidate = False
16 files = /usr/src
17 root@fireball / # cat /etc/portage/sets/kernels
18 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
19 root@fireball / #
23 and this I've tried with and without:
26 root@fireball / # cat /var/lib/portage/world_sets
27 kernels
28 root@fireball / #
32 This is what I get tho:
36 root@fireball / # emerge -auDN world
37 Error during set creation: Redefinition of set 'kernels' (sections:
38 'usersets', 'kernels')
39
40 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
44 There's nothing in the world file for gentoo-sources so it should be the
45 sets that pulls anything in.  For some reason tho, it wants to update
46 when I run my usual update world command.  That's not what I'm looking
47 for.  Did I miss something?  Have things changed and I need to adjust
48 something to the new way?
49
50 Thanks.
51