From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] introspection USE flag and KDE
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 01:49:57
1 > I notice this USE flag is on by default now.  I also follow -dev but this
2 > still is not clear for me.  What exactly does introspection enable?  Is it
3 > some GUI thing or something else?  I also think I saw somewhere it is mostly
4 > a Gnome thing.  Do I need it since I only use KDE and have Fluxbox as a
5 > backup GUI?
6
7 Here's what i do in that situation;
8 Goto http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml and find that the
9 complete name for introspection is gobject-introspection, so google
10 that and find https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
11
12 Now ask someone who codes WTF that page means :) Sounds like it allows
13 programs to use code from different languages. Assume gentoo devs know
14 what they're doing, so accept their decision and stop thinking about
15 it.