From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2016-01-08-some-dhcpcd-hooks-are-now-examples
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 00:13:49
1 On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 17:36:36 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> My question is, does this affect me or does the packages installed
4 > >> that use/set this stuff still do what needs doing as it has in the
5 > >> past?
6 > > This has nothing to do with openrc or systemd setting such things, but
7 > > the hooks can be used to override such settings.
8
9 > I wasn't even thinking about openrc or anything. I was just following
10 > the news item and the fact I'm not sure if it even applies to me or
11 > not. I know I set my time zone during the install but not sure if that
12 > is what it is talking about either.
13
14 The timezone you set during install is the one that is set by openrc when
15 you boot.
16
17 > Going to do the upgrade and see what happens. I guess a downgrade will
18 > put me back to where I was.
19
20 What's the worst that can happen? You get the wrong timezone or hostname?
21 That won't happen, but if it does you can just copy the hook back to its
22 previous location.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.