From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clang has gone walkabout
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:41:58
1 On 10/04/17 18:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:13:28 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >
4 >> Do we have any clang users out there? I've had clang installed
5 >> on my machine for ages and a simple "clang test.c" will result in an
6 >> executable. I can even nearly build my whole machine using clang, so
7 >> its up and running. I've now just updated clang, from a working 3.9.1
8 >> to a 4.0.0-r1 and clang has now disappeared. If I type in "clang
9 >> --version", I get "command not found". "whereis clang" only gives me
10 >> the library dir. Doing "ls -la /usr/bin/cla*" gives me "No such file or
11 >> directory"
12 >
13 > Try "qlist clang" so see what is installed, "qlist clang | grep bin/"
14 > should find the executables.
15 >
16 > qlist is part of portage-utils, which you probably already have.
20 Done as requested. There are 41 files found with clang in their name
21 and they are all on the dir:
22
23 /usr/lib/llvm/4/bin/
24
25 I'm no whiz bang sys-admin but that doesn't seem right to me. There is
26 clang and clang++ and a whole lot of stuff sym linked to provide all the
27 various permutations and combinations of names in there. But there is
28 nothing in my path that points to that dir. I'll have to have a look at
29 the ebuild to see if a symlink or something is not being applied.
30
31 Any other thoughts appreciated,
32
33 Andrew