From: "Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Making DVD high resolution
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:11:48
1 On 2014-12-18, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 12/18/14 19:10, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>On 18 December 2014 18:50:09 CET, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>>I've used "Imagination" to make VOB and set in preferences resolution
5 >>>1920 x 1080 HD
6 >>>made VOB. How do I check the VOB frame size settings?
7 >>>
8 >>>When I tried to made HD video using DVD Styler the max frame rate I can
9 >>>set to make DVD ISO is 720x480.
10 >>>How to make DVD with higher resolution?
11 >>
12 >>You can't.
13 >>
14 >>The DVD spec doesn't support HD video.
15 >
16 > So what format do I have to burn the disk in, in order to have lets say 1920 x 1080 HD
19 Anything that is not DVD-Video. The DVD-Video standard is very strict
20 about which frame sizes and frame rates are allowed, as well as which
21 codecs can be used and their parameters.
22
23 You can try to save the 1920x1080 video in a normal file using some
24 container and generate an ISO9660 filesystem containing that file
25 (mkisofs can do that), and then you can burn it (cdrecord from
26 cdrtools). Some table DVD-Video players may or may not be able to play
27 a video file in a DVD prepared in this way.
28
29 But if you want to stick to the DVD-Video standard, you must use
30 the frame sizes and frame rates specified in the standard.
33 Nuno Silva
34 Helsinki, Finland