From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] memset_s
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:34:56
1 On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 10. November 2017, 10:54:53 CET schrieb Jorge Almeida:
3 >> I'm trying to use memset_s() but the system (glibc?) doesn't know
4 >> about it. I also tried to compile against musl, same result.
8 > It seems as though it is simply not implemented, I found a variety of links
9 > that all support this:
10 >
11 > https://stackoverflow.com/a/40162721
12 >
13 > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38322363/when-will-the-safe-string-functions-of-c11-be-part-of-glibc
14 >
15 > https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/C11Status (which states that Annex K is not
16 > implemented)
17 >
18 > http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1967.htm
19 >
20 OK, thanks. The last link even suggests that Annex K should be
21 deprecated. I suppose this people don't care about security at all.
22
23 Of course, what would really solve the optimize-into-oblivion problem
24 is a pragma that when invoked on a particular block of code (maybe
25 only a function definition) would tell the compiler to do what the
26 programmer says rather than viewing a function as a kind of black box.
27
28 Jorge Almeida