From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:39:53
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 May 2011 08:46:32 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> So, you think most of the KDE users were happy to see support for KDE3
6 >> being dropped, especially considering KDE4 was much less than stable?
7 >> For me and a lot of others, it was worthless at first. It was good eye
8 >> candy but not functional even for the little I do.
9 >>
10 > I didn't switch until 4.3 or 4.4, KDE 3.5 worked fine for me up until
11 > then. It probably still works just as well now as part of the Trinity
12 > project.
16 Which supports my point. Maintain KDE3 until KDE4 is stable and
17 usable. If it is still working, which I think it is tho some fixes have
18 had to be made, then why couldn't KDE support KDE3 just a little while
19 longer.
20
21 Dale
22