From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [ot] no more inodes
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:46:06
1 Hi group,
2
3 For a netbook 4G SSD. Attempting to install mozilla-firefox. jdk
4 fails: No space left on device.
5
6 df -i reveals no more inodes. I reboot thinking this will help. Wrong.
7 Lots of 'No space left on device messages' with reference to
8 /var/lib/iinit.d/* in the boot console. And this gem: '*ERROR: local
9 is already starting'. And: '*ERROR: netmount is already starting'.
10
11 df -i
12
13 Filesytem Inodes Iused IFree IUse% Mounted on
14 /dev/sda2 244320 244301 19 100% /
15 udev 128448 612 127836 1% /dev
16 /dev/sda1 8032 39 7993 1% /boot
17 tmpfs 128448 3 1 28445 1% /tmp
18
19 FYI sda2 is formatted ext3.
20
21 I know 4G is pretty small by today's standards but apart from xorg and
22 firefox everything else on this unit is command-line type utilities
23 and such. That can't account for 4G already.
24
25 Maxim