From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Reading a DVD as an ISO image
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:05:00
1 On 11/17/2009 08:24 AM, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > Once I have written a dvd ISO image to a dvd-r disk and then I have
5 > deleted the image from the hard disk. Now I need the image again, but
6 > reading the image from disk does not give me an identical image to the
7 > original one.
8 >
9 > I have used the commands
10 >
11 > $ readcd -vvv dev=/dev/dvd f=image.iso
12 >
13 > and
14 >
15 > $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso
16 >
17 > With both commands, the resulting image is 99.9% identical to the
18 > original one.
19 >
20 > Is there anything I can do to get an image identical to the original one?
21
22 For what it's worth, K3b does create ISO images that are bit-exact with
23 the ISO image I used to burn the DVD.