From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean wants to remove required packages
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:25:52
1 On Sunday 25 February 2007 18:50:47 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > I've been cleaning up a machine trying to fix a problem with
3 > Evolution crashing. I'm down to the point where all the dependencies
4 > (emerge -DuN and revdep-rebuild) are clean but when I run emerge
5 > --depclean wants remove packages that would break dependencies.
6
7 How did you determine that it would break dependencies?
8
9 > Many, but not all, of these seem to be traceable back to either
10 > Evolution, spamassassin or Gnome.
11
12 Really?
13
14 > Are these bugs in the ebuilds that should be reported or is there
15 > some correct way for me to fix this up?
16
17 You really haven't provided enough information to qualify that there is
18 anything wrong.
21 Bo Andresen