From: Oliver Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice Base MySQL [HY000; 2003] Connection Fails, Referencing Non-Existent Source Files
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 03:13:50
1 Hello. Hope everyone remains well.
2
3 I am trying to connect to a MySQL database through LibreOffice Base, but I keep
4 receiving a curious error, complemented by an "SQL Status" of "HY000" and "Error
5 Code" of "2003":
6
7 Can't connect to MySQL server on 'genserv' (111)
8 /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.0.5.2/work/libreoffice-7.0.5.2/
9 connectivity/source/drivers/mysqlc/mysqlc_general.cxx:119
10
11 ('genserv' is the hostname of a MySQL server on the local network.)
12
13 According to [1], this error commonly occurs when the MySQL connector can not be
14 found. I've attempted connexions with "Direct" and "JDBC"; the same error
15 occurs with either protocol. Furthermore, I do not understand the reference to
16 the "mysql_general.cxx" file, considering the relevant file tree was erased by
17 Portage upon successful installation of LO.
18
19 Line 119 in the mentioned file is just a generic exception wrapper [2]. At this
20 stage, I'd rather not spend hours attaching a debugger and inspecting the call
21 stack. I've had a quick search of the forums and bug reports, and I can't find
22 much to do with this particular error on a Gentoo system.
23
24 I have a feeling it might be related to the message displayed by some OpenJDK
25 ebuilds [3], but I'm not adequately familiar with Java on Gentoo (or Java at
26 all...) to triage this further.
27
28 Any help would be enormously appreciated.
29
30 Thanks.
31
32 [1] https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/33841/