From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no sound with pulseaudio
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:30:01
1 On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 > I have configured pulseaudio according
4 >
5 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/PulseAudio
8 > but I simply have no sound.
9 >
10 > The pulseaudio playback volume meter shows me signal, and that the bars
11 > are jumping if I playback a music track.
12 >
13 > alsa-plugins (with pulseaudio USE flag)
14 > gst-plugins-pulse
15 >
16 > are installed. But I don't know what is being blocked, that I have no
17 > sound output at my headphones.
18 >
19 > PS: the headphones are ok.
20 >
21 > Any suggestions?
22
23 What music player are you using? Did you set or modify ~/.asoundrc?
24 What Desktop do you use? Is the pulseaudio daemon running?
25
26 Regards.
27 --
28 Canek Peláez Valdés