From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] test feature in portage
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:55:02
1 Tamas Sarga wrote:
2 > Michael Weyershäuser wrote:
3 >>> Tamas Sarga wrote:
4 >>>>> Hi,
5 >>>>>
6 >>>>> I set test feature in portage, but I don't know what can I win. I lost
7 >>>>> some minutes when compiled glibc, but what is the pro of this feature.
8 >>>>> I've got never any problem with successful compiles. So am I need test
9 >>>>> feature? What are your opinions? What can this protect a user from?
10 >>>>>
11 >>> Some packages (like glibc) bring along an automated test suite that
12 >>> can be run after compilation to see if the program works correctly.
13 >>> If FEATURES="test" is set then an available test suite is being run,
14 >>> if it is not set it is being skipped.
15 >>>
16 >>> As a normal end user on a desktop this might be considered a waste
17 >>> of time, when testing programs on a new architecture this can be
18 >>> helpful and should be enabled...
19 >
20 > Thanks! Should I report to b.g.o if it failed on the first package after
21 > I fall asleep :) ? It was kdebase-3.5.2-r2. Anyway now I turned it off.
22 >
23 > Cheers,
24 > Tamas Sarga
25 Hi,
26 IIRC there's such a report (when i used 'test').
27 But better search Bugzilla first.
28 HTH.Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature