From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optimal time to 'emerge world'?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:28:34
1 On Monday 31 October 2005 22:07, gentuxx wrote:
2 > Just wondering if there was an "optimal" time to update one's system.
3 > Meaning, is there a global/bulk "cvs commit" done once a day, that we
4 > should wait for? Especially concerned about security patches - can we
5 > *safely* assume that if the GLSA is out, that the updated versions are
6 > available?
7
8 No. CVS commits happen as and when developers make them.
9 GLSAs come out a relatively long time after the ebuilds hit the tree to
10 negate, as well as, that happening.
13 Mike Williams
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list