From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] upgrading ~x68 kde-4.2 to kde-4.3 question
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:02:54
1 Howdy,
2
3 kde-4.3 is now unmasked for ~x86. Whooooop!
4
5 But it is looking like a non-trivial upgrade. :(
6
7 When I installed kde-4.2, I followed the advice of unmasking portage
8 and using sets. Also followed the recommendation to use -kdeprefix.
9 Further I removed kde-3.5 and added a mask on kdelibs-3.5 to help keep
10 3.5 off of the system.
11
12 So for the kde-4.3 upgrade, it looks like this is what will be
13 necessary:
14
15 1) grab the sets again from the kde-testing overlay and put them in /
16 etc/portage/sets (assumption is to do a replace).
17 2) unmerge kde-4.2 using: emerge --unmerge @kde-4.2
18 3) merge kde-4.3 using: emerge -av @kde-4.3
19 4) recustomize kde as the ~/.kde will not be migrated
20
21 Am I on the right track?
22
23 TIA,