From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Further probs/phenomena
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:09:04
1 On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:43:04 +0200 (CEST), Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2
3 > yes, but dvb (which I need for dvb-t tv watching) is switched off vie
4 > USE.
5 >
6 > I installed it via emerge and 'export USE="dvb"' with the described
7 > effect.
8
9 Don't export USE, it can cause unpredictable side effects.
10
11 USE="dvb" causes Kaffeine to be built with --with-dvb, so whatever issues
12 you are seeing, they don't appear to be due to the way portage is
13 handling the package.
14
15 PS Please don't cc your reply, I read the list and one copy of the mail
16 is fine.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 RAM = Rarely Adequate Memory