From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpd uses fake MAC address
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 02:57:11
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > My router has big problems assigning the correct IPs to Gentoo boxes. If
3 > the NIC in the box has a MAC address of, say, 01:00:12:11:41:49:1e,
4 > dhcpd reports something else to router: ff:42:54:59:20:00:1c:21:e0:42:c2
5 >
6 > Why is this happening and how do I tell dhcpd not to mess with the MAC
7 > address it reports to DHCP servers?
8
9 what happens when you ping from the erroneous box to the dhcp server,
10 and sniff the actual traffic on the dhcp server to see what it sees.
11 Then ping a different box and see what that sees, etc.
17 Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art.
18 -- Charles McCabe