From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Config Manager
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:17:51
1 On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:07:42 -0700, Trenton Adams wrote:
2
3 > Want this to be managed outside the standard menu config because it
4 > will make it easier to switch to a new kernel, such as xen-sources, or
5 > vanilla-sources. I can then keep the default settings of that
6 > particular kernel, and enable all the *extra* stuff that I need.
7
8 Copy .config from your old kernel's directory to the new one and run
9 "make oldconfig".
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?