From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox profile opens my web-page in https
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:42:22
1 On 06/24/14 17:25, walt wrote:
2 >On 06/24/2014 08:25 AM, Joseph wrote:
3 >> On 06/23/14 18:08, Mick wrote:
4 >>> On Sunday 22 Jun 2014 22:52:40 Joseph wrote:
5 >>>> I run a server and have two firefox profiles.
6 >>>> I have ssl enabled.
7 >>>>
8 >>>> When I open one profile I it opens my web-page in "https" instead of "http"
9 >>>> When I open another profile it open my webpage in http
10 >>>>
11 >>>> Why is first profile forcing my opening my servers page in https mode?
12 >>>
13 >>> Has one profile cached and different protocol+URL in the address bar, than the
14 >>> other?
15 >>>
16 >>> Does this persist if you clear the history of the profile?
17 >>> --
18 >>> Regards,
19 >>> Mick
20 >>
21 >> No, it makes no difference. I cleared history and cache.
22 >> It still tries to open my server page as https instead of http.
23 >
24 >Different profiles can have different firefox add-ons enabled. Might
25 >be worth comparing the list of add-ons in each profile.
26 >
27 >You can also run firefox -safe-mode to disable extensions and see if it
28 >makes any difference.
29
30 I don't have any plug-in installed; so I'm puzzled by this behavior.
33 Joseph