From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compressed Filesystem
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 04:19:58
1 Marcus Wanner wrote:
2 > On 12/30/2009 8:04 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:12:29 -0500, Marcus Wanner wrote:
6 >>> I had to hard reset the
7 >>> system and look at the logs. The only problem was that the logs had the
8 >>> wrong contents because they had been "written to" but not actually
9 >>> flushed to the disk, and it took me about 10 hard resets to figure that
10 >>> out.
11 >>>
12 >> Another reason to you the magic sysrq keys instead of the reset button.
13 >> S syncs your filesystems.
14 >>
15 > sysrq syncs the filesystem? I always wondered what that key actually
16 > did...
17 >
18 > Wait, to get sysrq is Shift+printscreen, right?
19 >
20 > Marcus
24 This is from a post by Neil a good long while back:
25
26 Hold down Atl, hold down SysRq, press each of the keys in turn. The usual
27 full sequence is R-E-I-S-U-B
28
29 Reboot
30 Even
31 If
32 System
33 Utterly
34 Broken
37 I usually only get to the second or third key and I am back at a console.
38
39 That help?
40
41 Dale