From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage wants KDE4, I don't
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:48:51
1 Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
2 > On November 25, 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> I decided to give portage 2.1.6_rc1 a try. Now it wants to upgrade my
5 >> KDE3 to KDE4. I never unmasked or keyworded any KDE4 stuff. Any
6 >> options other than removing portage 2.1.6_rc1 again?
9 > 1st of all, I'm running 2.2.x versions of portage and never had KDE4 magically
10 > unmasked. You'd better check your setup. I do realize that 2.2.x is not
11 > 2.1.6_rc1, but what I mean - it must be either a bug in portage or your
12 > setup. Find where the problem originates. Do you have ~arch KDE3 ? I suppose
13 > you don't run ~arch branch, right?
17 I am using portage-2.2_rc15 and I have unstable KDE 3 but nothing KDE
18 4. I actually tested KDE 4 once and had to unmask all the KDE 4 stuff
19 to get it.
20
21 I agree, there is something fishy about his/her setup. I think that if
22 this happened to anyone else, someone would have spoke up by now. I'll
23 sync in a little bit and test mine to be sure tho.
24
25 Dale
26