From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: new system hardware
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:44:22
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 9. November 2012, 19:00:12 schrieb James:
3 >> Time To build a new AMD system.
4 >>
5 >> What I'm sure of:
6 >> FX-8350
7 >> Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD3 mobo
10 >> Suggestions on these hardware:
11 >>
12 >> Blueray RW (Vendor ?)
13 >>
14 >> DDR3 OC 2000 ram (4x8gig, 240) (vendor?)
15 >> ripjaw? Any fit or heat issues?
16 >>
17 >> CPU cooler (vendor-model?)
18 > doesn't the 8350 come boxed with a watercooling solution?
22 Nope. It comes with a traditional air cooled heat sink, small one to
23 me. I don't think I have ever seen a CPU comes with a water cooled heat
24 sink, not from the OEM at least. Someone may sell one that is bundled
25 by a vendor or something but I have never seen one boxed from AMD. I
26 don't keep up with Intel other than what I see posted here.
27
28 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4904561&CatId=7339
29
30 Link if you are interested. I picked that because it loads faster than
31 newegg. Is it just me or is newegg slow for everyone? That and AT&T's
32 website is like pouring cold molasses. o_O
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!