From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [off-topic] Ripping "enhanced" CDs with abcde/cdparanoia
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:45:58
1 Lasse Pouru <lasse.pouru@××××××××××××.fi> wrote:
2
3 > You know, the ones with video or software tracks shoehorned into the
4 > end. Whenever I try to rip one with abcde I get the error "selected span
5 > contains non audio track at track X", even when I've chosen a range not
6 > containing track X (e.g. abcde 1-11, 12 being the non-audio track). Grip
7 > rips the same CDs just fine, but I'd prefer to use a command-line
8 > tool. I'm using cdparanoia with both abcde and grip, so is this a bug in
9 > abcde or am I doing something wrong?
10
11 cdparanoia is unmaintained since a long time and never was able to read
12 something other than audio sectors.
13
14 I recommend to read such disks using "readcd -clone".
15
16 Jörg
19 EMail:joerg@××××××.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
20 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/