From: Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My CPU seems to run hotter with Gentoo as opposed to Windows XP
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:24:46
1 On 7/13/06, Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > For some reason the CPU seems to run very hot with a lot of fan activity
3 > compared to when I boot XP, plus overall performance seems slow in
4 > comparisom to XP with Gnome freezing for a few seconds on occasion as
5 > though the system is stretched.
6
7 I had exactly the same thing on my Athlon-MP. The whole idea is that
8 Windows automatically scales mobile CPU down (mine to about 500MHz)
9 when it's not being used so the temperature drops down a bit. I have
10 configured powernowd to autoscale my CPU and it's working exactly the
11 same as on Windows now. You can try something like that. Try to find
12 something what has to do with intelistep (that's the name of the cpu
13 scaling engine from Intel AFAIR). Good luck!
16 Pozdrawiam
17 Janusz YANOUSHek Bossy
19 tlen yanoushek@××××.pl
20 jabber yanoushek@××××××.pl