From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recover on SSD
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 05:16:37
1 In linux.gentoo.user, Dale wrote:
2 > Randolph Maaßen wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I'm so damn lucky
5 >>
6 >> I dd'ed the SSD onto an external drive and worked at first on the
7 >> image with qemu. A simple recreation of the partition brought the
8 >> system back to live on the image. I tried the same on the real machine
9 >> and Gentoo works again.
10 >
11 > Allow me to introduce what is likely the luckiest computer user there
12 > is. Here he is: Randolph Maaßen
13 >
14 > If that was me, I would have lost everything on there.
15
16 But you'd lose everything on there with style, Dale.
17
18 I don't trust any machine and therefore have multiple backups in
19 different places. I haven't lost anything.... yet.
22 Regards,
23 Gregory.