From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual problem : how can I unmerge Nano ?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:48:02
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I never use Nano -- Vim or Ed are available in a raw terminal --
3 > & would like to unmerge it, but Portage tells me
4 > that virtual/editor requires it & that @system requires virtual/editor .
5 >
6 > How can I tell Portage that Vim or Ed satisfy virtual/editor ?
9 As Mick said, it has been a while. I think if you emerge the editor you
10 want and change any config files that need to be changed then portage
11 will let you unmerge nano. If I recall correctly, once some other
12 editor is installed that will satisfy the virtual then it should let you
13 unmerge the others without complaining. On this one tho, there may be a
14 config that needs to be edited as well. I would search for any mention
15 of nano in /etc and change anything that shows up containing it.
16
17 Hope that helps. They do get confusing at times.
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!