From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DBI connect dbname=template1 failed Permission denied
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 01:58:51
1 On 12/16/11 18:57, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 >On 16 December 2011, at 03:20, Joseph wrote:
4 >> …
5 >> The SQL-Ledger developer was helping me out on this and he can not figure it out either.
6 >> I'm sure it is not SQL-ledger as it is working perfectly on my other computers. It could be apache configuration, but I don't see how?
7 >
8 >Wait. Stop. This is your (first) problem.
9 >
10 >Use Ledger-SMB.
11 >
12 >The security vulnerabilities have demonstrated that Dieter cannot be trusted. When they were pointed out to him he showed that his understanding of the problem did not meet the expectations one would have of a first- or second-year student, never mind those we have of a developer who charges a considerable amount for supporting his product. Dieter tried to dismiss the problems and suppress the disclosure of the vulnerabilities, banning people from his mailing list.
13 >
14 >Ledger-SMB has (I assume) a public bug tracker, and excellent support in its own mailing lists and on IRC. PostgreSQL developers contribute to Ledger-SMB and use it themselves.
15 >
16 >Stroller.
17
18 I was not able to find any support or good pointer so not being able to fix it I scrap Gentoo on this box and trying Debian. I'll post an update.
19 I have tried to use Ledger-SMB at the time I was using SQL-Ledger-2.6.12 so it was still compatible with Ledger-SMB but I could not find anybody who would
20 help me with data transition to Ledger-SMB last year.
21 So I couldn't wait any longer and upgraded to SQL-Ledger now 2.8.35 I think it is too late as this data is not compatible with Ledger-SMB
22
23 The instruction on Ledger-SMB were less than helpful in data transition, when I asked question on a the forum I hardly got any rely.
26 Joseph