From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] googleearth
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:46:28
1 Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2 > Google earth upgraded over the weekend to version 4.2.205.5730. It installed
3 > fine but it runs like shit. The rendering is so slow as to be completely
4 > unusable. The previous version worked fine so I tried to go back to it but
5 > it's gone, at least according to eix.
6 > Anybody else having the same problem? Nobody's mentioned it on this list or on
7 > the forums sofar.
8 > Where do I start to find a solution?
9 > Hardware: Compaq Presario V5000 laptop
10 > Precessor: Celeron M 1.46GHz
11 > RAM: 2GB
12 > Graphics: Intel 945GM/GMS Express Integrated Graphics Controller
13 >
14 > Saludos
15 > Matt
19 Well, I'm not going to lock myself into a agreement but you can try
20 starting here: http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html I would
21 start close to the bottom where it says this: "Download the previous
22 version". That may help. It may go back a little farther or you may
23 want to try moving to a even newer version where your "issue" may be fixed.
24
25 Hope that helps. Just wish I could get off this stinking dial-up so I
26 can play with it too. :-(
27
28 Dale
29