From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's up with the "hardened" USE flag?
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 07:22:55
1 On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:26:19 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > After syncing, some heavy packages wanted to rebuild because of the
4 > "hardened" USE flag. (I don't use the hardened profile, but they
5 > wanted to rebuild anyway.) Really heavy stuff including libreoffice
6 > and firefox-5. It took a few hours. Then, next resync, and the same
7 > packages want to rebuild again because of the "hardened" USE flag :-/
8
9 What profile and arch are you using? What arguments are you using to
10 emerge? I used to see this sort of behaviour occasionally with --newuse,
11 when it picked up USE flag changes unrelated to my system. Switching to
12 --changed-use stopped it, and I've not seen anything with hardened.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 A seminar on time travel will be held 2 weeks ago.