From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /dev/shm in a Linux container
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 14:38:30
1 Hi,
2
3 when updating a guest in an LXC, emerging python pointed out a problem
4 with a broken /dev/shm. So I found out how to mount /dev/shm in the
5 container and updated.
6
7 However, I'm wondering how secure that is, and I wonder if I should
8 leave it mounted or disable the mount. It might be a very bad idea to
9 leave it mounted, and there's probably good reasons not to have it
10 mounted by default, yet I don't know if anything in the container might
11 use or need this mount after updating.
15 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
16 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.