From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shell through the web
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:01:58
1 James Colby wrote:
2
3 > Hi All -
4 >
5 > I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a way to get to a
6 > shell over the web using only port 80 or port 443. I would like to be
7 > able to open up a shell on my gentoo box from , but I am behind a
8 > firewall. I have searched sourcforge and freshmeat and have not had
9 > any luck. Is anyone doing this that may have a suggestion/advice for me?
12 > Thanks for your replies,
13 > James
16 Seems to me that Webmin has a shell. In other words, the machine that
17 is running Webmin offers clients shell access via their browsers to
18 itself. But then if the machine upon which you want to run Webmin
19 already has a web server running on it, you'll have to configure the web
20 server to server Webmin's pages instead of relying upon the one that's
21 included to avoid port conflicts.
22
23 HTH,
24