From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] the user mode linux can't access network..
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:42:53
1 I have my user mode kernel running on my gentoo box following the gentoo's
2 guide: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/uml.xml
3 but can not access the Internet, pinging my host system appears to be no
4 problem though..
5
6 my host system has a ADSL connection to the Internet, and "eth0" has been
7 assigned with IP 192.168.0.1.
8 here is my command line that brings up the user mode linux:
9
10 UML> linux ubd0=root_fs ubd1=swap_fs eth0=tuntap,,,192.168.0.1
11
12 I assigned 192.168.0.2 to my UML, added default route entry; copyed
13 over my resolv.conf.
14 but still can't contact with my name servers nor other Internet hosts.
15
16 did I miss something? or the guide is just incomplete?
17
18 thanks.
19 daniel
24 <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/uml.xml>