From: John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] some i/o errors are making my portage useless!
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 05:22:16
1 On Thursday 03 November 2005 15:13, Denis wrote:
2 > Running "df" shows that /usr partition is at 18% use. However,
3 > running "du" gives more input/output errors...
4 First, I would back up all your data immediately. You have filesystem
5 corruption or hardware failure. And if you have hardware failure, you
6 probably also have filesystem corruption. If you have space somewhere, boot
7 with a livecd, and copy everything (except /usr/portage) to another place.
8 Then, recreate the filesystem, and copy it back. If this works, and the
9 errors cease, you're probably OK. If not, you need to buy a new disk