From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Whats the best way to allow a low privilege user to halt a machine?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 09:59:32
1 On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:35:47 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Box is a mythtv frontend and I want halt to be executed from within myth
4 > - thats fine, but without sudo and being in the wheel group, it cant
5 > actually do it.
6
7 sudo doesn't require the user to be in the wheel group.
8
9 Users listed in /etc/shutdown.allow can execute /sbin/shutdown if called
10 with -a.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 C:\DOS\SYSTEM\OS2\UTILITIES\DOCS\HELP\WHERE\THE\F$#%\AM\I???